Sheylynn Jones and I have been best friends for over 12 years. Through thick and thin, health issues (pesky surgeries), divorce (hers), and moves (both of us), we’ve been there for each other. What you may not know, however, is that we met online those 12+ years ago and have met in person exactly 4 times! Distance notwithstanding, we ‘talk’ online everyday by instant messager. Friendship, like love, knows no distance.
So we’ve cried together, crafted together, written together, and someday, we’ll even ghost hunt together — cuz we ain’t afraid of no ghosts! Much.
Over the years Sheylynn and I have gotten to know each other very well. Here’s your chance to get to know a little about us as well.
Pay attention, there will be a quiz afterwards. Just kidding!
What would you like to ask your favorite author, but were too afraid to ask? Laura and Sheylynn have lists for their favorite authors. Here are 5 factoids each about Laura and Sheylynn. Laura is odd, Sheylynn is even – and no, since we live in two different states, we didn’t arm wrestle for the privilege of being the odd one, but rest assured if we did live near each other, arm wrestling would’ve been involved.
1. Laura: Loves to craft, especially birdhouses, earrings, anything wood, mixed media…
2. Sheylynn: Loves to craft as well, decoupage wood crafts, beaded bookmarks that Laura named ‘book undies’ because there should be no naked books, mixed media. I love scrapbook paper. And stickers. Lots and lots of stickers.
3. Laura: Worked at a used book store while in college. Also, Woolworth’s, and a mall shop called Cartoon Junction. In a totally romance novel sort of arc, one of the guys I dated (while in college), brought me a Dear Jane letter while at work at Woolworth’s. Knowledge of this dastardly deed spread amongst my co-workers like lightning (because we were clearly there to gossip about one another, rather than work), and the personnel manager gave me a bit of advice I’ve never forgotten: “I’ll tell you what I tell my granddaughters. Next time you see that asshole, run him over with your car.” Yes, this is going to eventually make it into a novel. Hey! Maybe even one of my Gable Cove: Gladiolus Garden House novels…I’m leaning towards Book 3. *Runs off to make a note to remember to use this in that one.
4. Sheylynn: Has a tiny toy poodle named Teddy who wears a bandana ‘speedo’ to prevent him from marking his territory in the house. His speedos tend to coordinate with the season and holidays. He thinks he looks fabulous as poodles do.
5. Laura: Doesn’t drink nearly as much vodka as my family thinks I do.
6. Sheylynn: Doesn’t drink nearly as much vodka as her family probably wishes she would do.
7. Laura: Has 3 sons, one of whom is mildly autistic, 2 of whom are Eagle Scouts, and all 3 of whom are, in my probably slanted perspective, handsome and funny young men. All three should shave their mustaches, too.
8. Sheylynn: Probably knows more about FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) than she should and she hopes to never need it, or discuss it ever again. So don’t ask. Seriously.
9. Laura: Really wanted dark blue highlights last time I got my hair “did.” However, I couldn’t find any place that did blue, so went for red instead.
10: Sheylynn: One of my favorite quotes is credited to Morticia Addams: Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Where to Find Us Online
We’re on Twitter, individually, and as Best Friends…Writing Heartfelt Romance. Follow us on Twitter for updates about #GableCove (#GableCoveSeries), as well as updates for our other publications. Our Twitter handles: @LauraHamby1 @SheylynnJones @BestFriendsWri ~ We love to chat, but please direct tweet us, as we simply cannot keep up with DMs. We appreciate all retweets and do work to return the favor. Thanks for following us!
You’re reading Laura’s blog right now – thank you! THIS is Sheylynn’s blog.